TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
This is more information for Test Takers: TOEFL® Internet-based Test (iBT). You can find all Frequently Asked Questions about the TOEFL® iBT answered. Click here now.
What to expect on the TOEFL test?
The TOEFL iBT Test is an internet-based test (iBT) designed to access English proficiency in non-native speakers who want to ahieve academic success as well as effective communication. Most people take the TOEFL test to gain admission into universities and colleges where instruction is in English. Additionally, many employers, government agencies, etc. use the scores to determine a person’s English ability. It is not meant to test academic knowledge or computer ability, and as such, questions are always based on materials found in the test( computer tutorial are available for those not familiar with the PC).
The TOEFL Test is devided into four section: Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing. The TOEFL test Takers have to master the language skills and communicate like an educated native English speakers.
TOEFL test taker’s expectations
Most people take the TOEFL test to gain admission into universities and colleges where instruction is in English. TOEFL test is devided into four sections and in the order as:
- Reading: 3-5 passeages(12-14 questions; 700 word/passages), 60-100 minutes to complete, 30 points
- Listening: 4-6 lectures, 6 questions each, 500-800 words(4-6 minutes); 2 -3 conversations, 5 questions each, 400 – 500 words(2-3 minutes); 60-90 minutes to complete; 30 points.
- BREAK: 10 MINUTES
- Speaking: 2 independent task(1 personal experience, 1 preference/choice); 2 integrated task(read-listen-speak), reading 100 words, conversation 200 words(1-2 minutes), Lectures 200-300 words(1-2minutes); 2 integrated task( listen-speak), conversation 200 words(1-2 minutes), lecture 200-300 words(1-2 minutes); 20 minutes to complete; 30 points.
- Writing: 1 independent task; 1 integrated task(read-listen-write)-reading 250-300 words & lecture 250-300 words(2 minutes); 50 minutes to complete; 30 points
- Total scores: 120 points
Major Changes in the TOEFL iBT
- - The Test measures all four language skils equally; a speaking section is included.
- - The Test of Spoken English(TSE) will now part of the TOEFL. Test taker will no longer take the TSE as a separate test.
- - Order of sections on the test: READING – LISTENING ; 10 minutes break; SPEAKING- WRITING The test is appoximately 4 hours long and can be taken in one day. – Tests are administered through the internet in test centers around the world There is no structure section, as there was on past test.
- - Note taking is allowed in every section The test is a linear exam, not computer adaptive; each test taker receives the same range of question. The scores will be viewd online.
- Passages for Reading and Listening are longer than those in CBT
Tasks for Speaking and Writing include integrated questions that require more than one skill to complete, i.e , reading and/or listening , then speaking or writing. For the Speaking section, test taker speak into a microphone, and their response are digitized and sent to the ETS Online Scoring Network. For writing section, test taker must type their responses.
TOEFL iBT – Building skills/preparation Course
We offer TOEFL iBT online preparation course with live teachers in a group of 5 – 7 students. That are maximum size to maximize our students’s abilities. The course focuses on 4 language skills:
You can register separately for the skills you want or in a full package for TOEFL iBT Building Skills. For further requirement contact us Now.
TOEFL Online preparation course will be concentrating on 4 skills of English. We mainly help you to focus on TOEFL iBT Test. All practices and test skills is for TOEFL iBT.
There are 3 levels for TOEFL iBT Building Skills.
We will based on your English knowledge to place you on the right online class not wasting your time and money.
Vietnam studenst can go to Payment page for details!